Print Correction Save

Young Addaction Lancashire - East

We are the countywide commissioned young people’s substance misuse service for under 25’s. We offer information advice, guidance or treatment for any substance; illicit, prescribed or legal and alcohol.

We cover Burnley, Pendle, Ribble Valley, Rossendale and Hydburn. Our work is mainly conducted in one to ones using a variety of psychosocial interventions (MI, BSFT, CBT and ITEP).  

We conduct group work for young people and professionals around drugs and alcohol and take part in outreach engaging young people in their own environment. If needed, we have access to prescribing for those who require pharmacological interventions.

CVS Building, 62-64 Yorkshire Street, Burnley, BB11 3BT
Umbrella org:
Area serviced:
Burnley, Pendle, Ribble Valley, Rossendale and Hydburn
0808 1640074
Who is it for:
Young People

Related Information

Related Factsheets

Subject Definitions

When you are addicted, for example, to the use of alcohol, drugs, smoking, sex or gambling, you are (physically or mentally) dependent on this use or behaviour. You get withdrawal and/or tolerance symptoms when you don't use the substance. Tolerance means that one needs higher quantities of a substance over time to reach the desired effects.
Services to support those suffering from problems relating to drugs and/or alcohol.
Substance abuse can simply be defined as a pattern of harmful use of any substance for mood-altering purposes. Medline's medical encyclopedia defines drug abuse as "the use of illicit drugs or the abuse of prescription or over-the-counter drugs for purposes other than those for which they are indicated or in a manner or in quantities other than directed.
Help and support for young people who have, or know someone who has mental health issues.